Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas from the Graas Family


+Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires, through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of His blessed Mother. Amen.

Blessings to all our dear readers on this joyous Christmas Eve! Each of us celebrates this special time in our own special way. Personally, I am a convert to the Catholic Faith - a former agnostic - and Christmas Eve is the anniversary of my Baptism, Confirmation and First Holy Communion. This means that I became united in a very special way with God on Christmas Eve.

All my life I believed in the Creator God. His Son, I wasn't so sure about. In God's good time, He revealed Himself to me and I became a believer on Ash Wednesday, 1991. After much instruction in the Faith, I made the decision to enter into His Holy Church and received those three holy sacraments on Christmas Eve, 1992. My joy was immeasurable and continues to this day, but at Christmas time in a more wondrous way.

Our Lord and Savior humbled Himself to become one of us so that we might share in all that is His. During this time, when we celebrate His Holy Birth, I ask that you remember the Child for whom there was no room in the inn. In becoming a little Child, God offered Himself over to the care of human parents whom He equipped with the grace to care for Him. Let us not forget this AWESOME GIFT of God's Son to the world. In uniting Himself with mankind, He has elevated the dignity of us ALL. We all know this on some level as we all become a bit kinder in honor of His Holy Gift.

My prayer for each of you is that with every breath you take in this life, you will have the peace of knowing that God has united Himself to you in a very special way through this Gift of Himself as a little Child in Bethlehem.

Many blessings to all of you from the Graas Family.

Lisa, George, Jesse, Teresa and Bethany
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

2 comments: on "Merry Christmas from the Graas Family"

Dominique said...

Wow! THAT is an amazing testimony!

Lisa Graas said...

Merry Christmas, Dominique! Glory to God in the Highest!

Post a Comment