Tuesday, December 29, 2009

UPDATE: Christmas Friendship Dinner HUGE Success: A Post by Conservative Girl with a Voice


I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and are looking forward to the new year that is rapidly approaching us. As I am off of work this week, I have been taking it easy, but I did want to post an update to a story I reported on a couple times within the last couple months: Wasilla's Christmas Friendship Dinner. This year's dinner was a huge success thanks to hundreds of Alaskans and many in the lower 48 who donated their time and money to making this year's dinner possible. As my regular readers know, Tracey Porreca was among those awesome individuals who helped to make this event a success. You all need to visit Tracey's great blog, Finding Myself in Alaska. Tracey did a great job blogging about the event and including many touching photos. I have included part of her post below for you to read. Click on the sample to read the rest and to see all the amazing photos Tracey took.

The Christmas Friendship Dinner in Wasilla was a huge success!

Friday, December 25, 2009

I sit here in amazement at what a wonderful event it was that just took place. The Christmas Friendship Dinner held in Wasilla, Alaska is truly unique. I've never seen an event of this size headed up by a group of caring citizens, and not a major organization. They all know what needs to happen, and they get it done. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to work with members of this group that have been doing this for years. I want to say this to them, and to anyone reading this so you all will know, that this is what makes our community so wonderfully special. I send blessings to all my local friends, and to all those whom I've met through the internet this year. Below is a copy of an article from The Frontiersman,our local valley newspaper. My only comment would be that the writer is not quite correct - our celebration was not about Sarah as he said, but it's not about Santa either, as the article suggests. The celebration of CHRISTmas is about CHRIST. After all, he is the reason for the season! Please take the opportunity to look over these photos, as well as the attached article. God bless everyone, and Merry Christmas!

(Photo courtesy Tracey's blog. Click here to visit Conservative Girl with a Voice and become a follower. Click here to follow Tracey on Twitter. Click here to follow me on Twitter.)

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "UPDATE: Christmas Friendship Dinner HUGE Success: A Post by Conservative Girl with a Voice"

Post a Comment